POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cadbikes : Cadbikes Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Cadbikes
From: Duckman
Date: 20 Dec 2002 14:26:38
Message: <3e036eee@news.povray.org>
Hi guys, this is a Pov-ray rendering of a CAD-model I did in Pro/Engineer.
I made 17 motorcycles like this since 1996, each CAD-model is about 300 MB.
I have been experimenting with POV-ray and really like the results, but I
could use some help:
does anyone out there have a good material description for aluminum, I would
like to make it look like
glass beaded aluminum, somehow the aluminum in "textures.inc" seems to
smooth to be realistic.
Also I am reasonably good at drawing bikes but terrible at doing
backgrounds,
sofar all the Povray-images I made have the same sky/water background and I
am getting bored with that...
If anyone has some tips I would be very gratefull.
Mark "Duckman" van der Kwaak
(more pics at http://www.dbbp.com)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: